Protest Song

When I went off to bed last night

Having had an ale or four

I never would have imagined what

The morning had in store

 

I could barely open up my eyes

At the breaking of the morn

And it took me a while to realise

How much my head was sore

 

I thought, ‘What have I done,

To merit such a punishment?

I’m sure I only had four pints

Of less than five percent.


Yes I’m sure I only had four pints

Of less than five percent.’

 

There’s no injustice in the world

That strikes a bitterer nerve

Than waking up to a hangover

That you don’t deserve

 

I played by all the rules last night

My drinks I didn’t mix

Unless you count the G&T

I had at ten to six

 

But that would have been metabolised

By the time I reached the inn

From that point on I stuck to one

Beer through thick and thin

 

I’ll curse that brew with my dying breath

For making me feel so shite

I’ll never touch the stuff again

It’s a different beer tonight


No, I’ll never touch the stuff again

It’s a different beer tonight

 

O, there’s no injustice anywhere

That strikes a more poignant nerve

Than a stinker of a hangover

That you don’t deserve

Comments

Popular Posts